Colleges, School and Institutes
- Coercion in mental health services
- Causes of aggression
- Restrictive intervention reduction
- Restorative justice in mental healthcare
- De-escalation and debriefing
Nutmeg Hallett is a registered mental health nurse and lecturer in the School of Nursing. She started her nursing career working in a medium secure forensic unit. Her PhD research on violence prevention in secure mental health settings was undertaken at St Andrew's Healthcare and was completed in 2017.
Since completing her PhD Dr Hallett has continued to be involved in research around violence prevention. Her current research interests focus on using restorative practices within mental healthcare, with the aim of reducing people's experiences of coercion.
Willingness to take PhD students
○ Coercion in mental healthcare
○ Restorative justice in mental health
○ Staff and patient experiences in mental health
○ Reducing restrictive interventions