Jason joined the Jubilee Centre for Character and Virtues, University of Birmingham, in September 2017. He was employed as a Research Associate on the Religious Education Teachers and Character project. After the publication of the final research report, he joined other Jubilee Centre projects, such as the Parents-Teacher Partnerships project and the Phronesis project. Jason has also worked on two smaller projects, the first examining youth social action volunteers, and the second examining the virtues promoted through school mission statements. Whilst working at the Jubilee Centre, Jason was also the academic lead for the Jubilee Centre's online library.
Before joining the university, Jason studied Philosophy at undergraduate level, before going on to study the Post-Graduate Diploma in Education (With Qualified Teacher Status) at the University of Birmingham. Jason taught in three West Midlands schools before joining the Jubilee Centre. Though his teaching specialism is Religious Education, he has taught History, Geography, and led as a Personal Social Health Economic Coordinator. Whilst working as a teacher, he studied for a Master's Degree in Teaching Studies, which was graded at a Distinction level.
Jason is currently undertaking his PhD, which focusses on the extent that moral virtues are promoted or taught through Religious Education, within non-faith secondary schools in England.
Jason's research interests and work are interdisciplinary, focussing on issues of religion, religious education and character education.
- PhD in the School of Education (Currently Studying, 2018 - Present)
- MA in Teaching Studies (2017)
- Statutory Induction of Newly Qualified Teachers (2016)
- PGDipEd (QTS), specialising in Religious Education (2015)
- BA (Hons) (2014).
Master of Arts
MA in Teaching Studies, (with Distinction), University of Birmingham. 2017.
Bachelor of Arts, University of Hull
Philosophy BA (Hons) 2014.
Post Graduate Diploma in Education, PGDipEd (QTS), University of Birmingham, 2015.
Statutory Induction of Newly Qualified Teachers, 2016.
- BL Religion - Religious Education, Faith and Non-Faith, Multifaith, Religion, Spirituality
- L Education (General) - Character Education, Religious Education, Virtues, Values, Dispositions, Character, Faith and Non-faith, Spiritual, Moral, Social, Cultural Development, Attitudes
- LB1603 Secondary Education. High schools - Parent and Teacher Partnerships, Empiricism
- B Philosophy (General) - Aristotle, Neo-Aristotelian