Professor, Southwestern University of Finance and Economics1 Sep 2018 → …
I am a research leader in the area of the internationalization of firms and methodological issues of international business research and my work has specifically contributed to theoretical and methodological developments in relation to research into emerging markets, location strategies and regional development aspects of Foreign Direct Investments and multinational companies, strategic development of subsidiaries at both national and regional levels, the role of language and translation in cross-language international business research as well as methodological challenges in cross-country data collections. My work has been published in a range of top international business journals and edited collections. As can be seen from all my publications that I have contributed significantly in developing the international business field within the UK and internationally.
Doctor of Business Administration
The Motives Determining the Inflow of Foreign Direct Investment into a Transition Economy: A Study of the Republic of Poland.2003 - 2006
Master in Science
MSc (Distinction): Marketing and Management1993 - 1998
Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education , PGCHE2007 - 2008
Willingness to take PhD students
1) Location choices of multinational companies.
2) Language and multilinquality in cross-country organisations.
3) Methodological issues in cross-country survey research.
4) Internationalisation strategies of firms from/to transition and/or emerging economies.
5) Terrorist incidents and impacts on location choices of multinational companies.